Broadcast Time: 12:30pm Date: January 4, 2024
The Sarnia Police Service is investigating a residential break-and-enter involving stolen firearms on Aamjiwnaang First Nation.
On December 30th, police received a report of a break-in at a residence in the area of Tashmoo Ave and Christopher Drive.
Sometime between December 26th and December 30th 2023, an unknown suspect(s) entered the residence and stole two firearms and other personal property.
Residents in the area with security cameras are asked to review their video footage for any suspicious vehicles/persons.
The investigation is ongoing by SPS Criminal Investigations Division.
Police are asking anyone with information the Sarnia Police Service at (519) 344-8861.
See something, know something, or hear something? Tips can be submitted anonymously to Crimes Stoppers at 519-332-TIPS (8477) or online at: https://www.p3tips.com/tipform.aspx?ID=314
Did you know?
To reduce the possibility of a break and enter, the Sarnia Police Service (SPS) recommends the following prevention tips.
- Install secure locks on all doors and windows.
- Lock your garage doors at all times.
- Consider installing a security system.
- Change locks if keys have been lost or stolen.
- When moving, change all of the locks.
- High value items such as lawn mowers, snow blowers, and gas barbecues should be stored out of sight when not in use.
- Garden sheds and cabanas should be locked.
- Keep a record of serial numbers and descriptions of your household possessions.
- Inscribe your possessions with your name or other easily identifiable markings so that police can confirm them as yours and return them to you.
Staff Sergeant I. Skinn #166
Criminal Investigations Division