Broadcast Time: 2:00pm Date: December 27, 2023
A 43-year-old male has been charged in connection with an armed robbery and carjacking in Sarnia.
On Wednesday December 27, 2023, at approximately 3:30 a.m., a lone male entered the Circle K Convenience Store on Cathcart Blvd., and demanded money, cigarettes and lotto tickets at gunpoint.
The suspect then fled the scene.
A short time later, the same suspect approached a female driver who was sitting in her vehicle. He pointed the firearm at her, demanding the vehicle and threatened to shoot her if she did not comply.
The suspect fled the scene in the stolen vehicle. The vehicle was located unoccupied in the area of Colborne Road shortly after.
Patrol officers in the area located the suspect who was hiding nearby. Items from the robbery, the firearm used and a canister of mace were located on the male.
The firearm in this incident was determined to be a replica style pellet gun.
Robin Michael Huggett (43) has been charged with the following offences:
- Using Firearm in the Commission of Offence
- Pointing a firearm
- Careless use of a firearm x 2
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose x 2
- Possession of a firearm knowing its possession is unauthorized
- Possession of a firearm contrary to prohibition order
- Trespass at night
- Theft of a Motor Vehicle
- Robbery with non-restricted firearm x2
- Disguise with intent x2
- Carrying Concealed Weapon x2
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
- Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000
- Utter threats cause death
- Fail to comply with an undertaking x2
Huggett was held for a bail hearing. He has been remanded into custody with a court date of January 4th, 2024.
Did you know?
Carjacking and vehicle theft are two different things. Carjacking is when a vehicle is taken by force or the threat of force from a person who is attempting to enter the vehicle. Police should be called immediately (9-1-1) if you are the victim of a carjacking.
Tips can be submitted anonymously to Crime Stoppers. “See something? Hear something? Know something? Contact Crime Stoppers at 519-332-TIPS (8477) or online at: https://www.p3tips.com/tipform.aspx?ID=314
Staff Sergeant I. Skinn #166
Criminal Investigations Division