Hire a Pay Duty Officer:
Individuals, groups, or organizations planning a special event are able to request a Sarnia Police Service (SPS) Pay Duty Officer. Paid for by your organization, these officers provide a police presence and ensure the safety and support of your event. Please note when booking that there is a three hour minimum booking requirement.
When might I need a Pay Duty Officer?
The list below includes examples of events or situations where Pay Duty Officers could be present:
- Sporting events,
- Traffic control,
- Road construction,
- Wide load escorts,
- Film shoots etc.
Terms and Conditions:
The following terms and conditions set out by the SPS must be met before booking a Pay Duty Officer:
- Events must be in the City of Sarnia
- A three hour minimum per officer is required
- Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance
- The SPS cannot guarantee officer availability for all requests due to staffing and operational requirements
- Advanced notice helps us fulfill each request
- Partial hours are billed at the full hourly rate
The SPS reserves the right to determine the number of officers required for an event based upon a risk assessment. SPS will provide Pay Duty Officers once all parties agree and officers are available to fulfil the request.
Incomplete forms may cause delays in processing your requests
For last minute requests, please contact: the on duty Staff Sergeant at 519-344-8861